Angel's Herald: Gifts Part 2



Gifts Part 2

Part two of the gifts shout-out.

This is from Tarek, it came from Egypt and it's so beautiful. The details are magnificent and it comes with a brass Egyptian plate.





This cute ceramic town portrait is from Tomita, it shows a little city from Romania.



A cool New York book from Van, my Vietnamese friend from Philadelphia.



And here's a funny story. Last November 15 2006, I was sent a cheque by Oracle. Regardless of its value, I planned to hold the encash-ment of the cheque until kingdom come, more so, until I feel like going to the bank. The last May 18, I thought of having this cheque en-cashed. I am not aware that international cheques are only valid for six months in the Philippines.

I then send a formal letter to Oracle, asking them to send me a second cheque since the one I have has just expired, and also admitting how careless and unaware I was of the situation. It's so irritating because I'm only 3-days late. Oracle told me that I have to send them the original and unused cheque. So right then and there, I sent the cheque to San Francisco via DHL for PhP-1,800. Duh right?

The cheque arrived home May 29th, the reason I wanted to en-cash the cheque is for me to have extra more money for my trip to Malaysia. I departed Manila on 28th, so everything was useless. And then just two weeks ago, I again, planned to en-cash the note, guess what? I lost it again. Hahhahaa! I was so worried for days.

Well now trying to find this New York book for this blog, I found the cheque between the pages, I had a deep sigh of relief. I hid it on my Cathay Pacific ticket to Hong Kong.



I'll be in Hong Kong this October for an official trip and a little vacation and visits with friends.

Teu Lei Lomo! Hahahaha~!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Nick Ma said...

oh my ... the Egyptian gift is so amazing....i love it man~

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Angelicum said...

ya it's breathtaking. the paper spread is made of very hard wood-paper, where the painting is. so it's very difficult to lie it flat cause it always rolls by itself into circle.

it's so so egypt. of course from my egyptian friend.

 

Post a Comment