Angel's Herald: Weep Not For Me



Weep Not For Me

Our family pet 'Chow' (he's a Chow-Chow) will need to be put to rest (Euthanasia) tomorrow at ten in the morning. For months he was unable to walk anymore, eyes cloudy, unable to hear, needing to excrete while lying flat on the floor, he's frail and howling with pain for weeks, this is the best decision for him. Very few dogs reach the age of sixteen, most only lived up to their 10th.





Weep not for me

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.

You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes,
please, let me go.

Take me where, to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown



I can still remember his snob yet cute attitude as a puppy, enjoying a quiet corner on a big cage with eight other puppies playing like there's no tomorrow. He is so like me on that aspect. We will miss him terribly, he's definitely more than just a dog, he is a family member and the pain of his loss is no less than that.

He will be cremated.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment