Angel's Herald: Takashi Murakami at MOCA



Takashi Murakami at MOCA

Just before new year, I attended my friend Jason's birthday dinner in Shangri-la, to my surprise is this:



Those are Murakami flowers. As if it's not weird enough that someone is updated about contemporary art within my boring circle (I'm extremely boring), Laiden who brought the centerpiece told me that she met Takashi Murakami in LA, on the MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Arts) Gala. I wanted to die right then and there.

Just three months ago when I heard of the MOCA exhibit in LA, I told my friend that I saw a picture of Murakami (side-view angle) that shouts my name.



The forehead, the hairline, the thinness and length of hair, the pandesal bun at the back. LOL

So anyway, Laiden shared some of her photos from the exhibit and I am just so so Jealous.





It includes my two favorite Murakami sculptures.. (censored)

"Hiropon"



"The Lonesome Cowboy Torino"



At the MOCA exhibition are some of Takashi's work for Vuitton. There's a big white Multicolor trunk for sale, it comes along with 33 pieces of LV Marilyn in crayon colors. Unfortunately we have no picture here.

And launched was the super limited LV Neverfull bags with the "LV Hands" painting. It comes with the full loot of the exhibit, as well as this.



The thing is, it's not limited in Green Hills. I never thought counterfeits are so updated! I asked the tiangge vendor if I could take a photo, and here you will see how exactly they were able to replicate it. They sell the fakes for P10,500.00, I mean, I can't believe people are willing to spend this much to get a fake (?!?).



It's just amazing this counterfeit industry, wow.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous crystal cotton bed sheets said...

Those are Murakami flowers. As if it's not weird enough that someone is updated about contemporary art within my boring circle (I'm extremely boring), Laiden who brought the centerpiece told me that she met Takashi Murakami in LA, on the MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Arts) Gala. I wanted to die right then and there.
stitching price list ,
ladies kurti stitching ,

 

Post a Comment