Angel's Herald: Ernest Santiago, Murdered



Ernest Santiago, Murdered

My choreographer friend SMSed me awhile ago with an extremely depressing news.

Ernest Santiago passed away at his home in Pagsanjan, Laguna. I've met the legendary designer a few occasions before. I first met him in 2005 as my Spanish colleague Sandra tagged me along in an old Malate shack. Ernest, right after being introduced with me said that I'm an inch away of looking Goth, with her innocent smile, I think it's positive. Misconception I thought, 'cause I'm wearing an all-black outfit, an old baggy low-waste Fendi pants, fitted shirt and black Havaianas Top. And then my face is so white as if it's powdered, so I finally realized he may have a point after all.

For someone of his age, he's very cheerful and extremely friendly. The next thing I know we were talking about the party's host's black cat (Goth too? haha) and eventually went on talking about design, she helped me get through IDAP, in which I was able to later on recruit 3 other artist friends. This forever placed him in my memory as one of those people whom I'll never forget and thank enough.

Fashion designer found dead inside Laguna home
By Marlon Ramos

CAMP VICENTE LIM, Laguna--A fashion designer was found dead inside his house in Pagsanjan, Laguna on Sunday, police said.

The body of Ernest Santiago, 68, was discovered by one of his friends, a certain Paul Herrera, in his house on Rizal St. in Barangay Poblacion II at around 10 a.m.

Senior Supt. Felipe Rojas Jr., Laguna police director, said Herrera immediately went to the local police station and asked for assistance.

"When policemen arrived at the victim's house, they noticed that the whole place was in disarray. A still undetermined amount of cash, expensive jewelry and other valuables were allegedly missing," Rojas told the Philippine Daily Inquirer (parent company of INQUIRER.net) in a mobile phone conversation.

Santiago could have been murdered late Saturday night, Rojas said. He said the victim apparently died from a gash on the back of his head.

"The victim's body had no stab or bullet wounds. The assailant might have hit him with a hard object on his head," Rojas said.

Rojas said they were looking at robbery as the motive for the killing.

Aside from his personal belongings, Rojas said the victim's Mitsubishi Strada pick-up van was also missing. He said they suspected that the assailant was known to Santiago.

"There were no signs of any forced entry to the victim's house. His attacker could have been there inside before Santiago was murdered," he said, adding:

"The fact that the assailant even had time to look for the key of the victim's vehicle only bolstered our suspicion."

Rojas said they were still verifying reports that Santiago had a housemaid.

"We're also trying to find out if he had a lover who was supposedly living with him," he said.


It's just sickening that someone would end his beautiful life that way.

(Photo: Manila Standard Today)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment