Angel's Herald: Balat Sibuyas (Onion-Skinned)



Balat Sibuyas (Onion-Skinned)

Okay I can completely understand the Desperate Housewives outrage, even if I think it's beyond over-acting and being onion-skinned. I'm completely amazed how different the opinions are about the issue, and I stand by my obvious belief that it's humorist than racist. But the Cory issue?

I can't further elaborate this through articulation but my comments about the Cory Slut-doodling controversy is 100 times the fold of OAness, so I am quoting here some opinions from friends and people from the network:



"First, there were the protests and demands for apologies from ABC for that Desperate Housewives remark on Filipino medical schools. Then, I heard that some people were out to draw blood because the Today Show with Jon Stewart labelled Cory Aquino a slut. When did we lose our sense of humor? Ever since Malu Fernandez claimed to have acerbic wit? It's a long, long shot, but I'm hoping that South Park picks up on this and comes up with a fantastic episode never to be shown here." -Ricky Villabona


"Are we onion skinned? This joke is as old as time (Recto university). It's a joke invented by Filipinos.

I've heard this many times in many different forms (replace med school with anything really, during the Internet bubble, it was directed at Filipino engineers). Even diplomats say this joke.

I'd pay Rex Navarette to tell this joke. How is the reaction different with a non-Filipino telling this joke?

We started this joke when we started passing around joke diplomas.

Stereotypes exist for good reason. We should take it in the chin.

It's a joke in no way racially offensive unless you want to go down that route. Australia and New Zealand would be at war by now if they found the jokes between them offensive. More Pinoy jokes on primetime tv! It means people are paying us attention. (Ex. The hairless Filipino boy in "Family Guy"; Karen Walker's Filipino fetish in "Will & Grace")" -Nash Toledo


(-_-)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous satin bed sheets said...

I can't further elaborate this through articulation but my comments about the Cory Slut-doodling controversy is 100 times the fold of OAness, so I am quoting here some opinions from friends and people from the network:
pakistani suits wholesale ,
online pakistani suits wholesale ,

 

Post a Comment